SHIP counselors are trained, certified, and experienced in offering one-on-one information for all aspects of Medicare, health insurance and drug plans. A program of ARC, SHIP provides assistance, explanations, and plan comparisons. There is never a cost, sales, or any insurance affiliations.
SHIP is especially helpful for those new to Medicare who are trying to navigate the system and meet deadlines or to anyone wanting to lower current insurance costs and understand options. Help is available by individual appointment at various times each month. Call ARC at 309-888-9099, and a counselor will return your call to set an appointment.
Walk-in hours are available on the 4th Monday of each month ONLY. Walk-ins start at 1 PM with no appointment needed. First come, first served. SHIP is a program of the Illinois Department on Aging.
PDF-viewing capability required
Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment, January 1–March 31
You can only make one change during this period and changes will take effect the first of the month after the plan gets your request.
* If you’re in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you can switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage). THIS IS NEW in 2019!
* You can disenroll from your Medicare Advantage Plan and return to Original Medicare. If you choose to do so, you’ll be able to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
* If you enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan during your Initial Enrollment Period, you can change to another Medicare Advantage Plan or go back to Original Medicare (with or without drug coverage) within the first 3 months you have Medicare.
YOU CAN NOT:
* Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
* Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan if you’re in Original Medicare.
* Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another if you’re in Original Medicare.
Hours of Operation
6:30 AM - 7:00 PM, Mon. - Thurs.
6:30 AM - 4:00 PM, Fri.
8:00 AM - Noon, Sat.
NEW TO MEDICARE Presentation
APRIL 25TH: 5:00 PM in the Auditorium
Are you new to Medicare, or will you be soon? Or do you want to learn more about basics of Medicare? Consider attending this session offered by the ARC Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Medicare Counselors. Register for the session at ARC or by calling 888-9099. You do not need to be an ARC member to attend.
We will cover the basic concepts listed below, followed by an opportunity for questions:
Medicare Part A & B, the costs and benefits, what Medicare covers and does not cover, enrollment steps, deadlines not to miss, and explanations of secondary insurance options.
Coming Next: We anticipate offering additional Medicare presentations in 2019, including one focusing on Part D drug plans. These dates will be announced once they are scheduled.
*See calendars for program dates & times*
600 E Willow St. | Normal, IL 61761 | Phone: 309-888-9099 | Copyright © 2013 ARC Activity & Recreation Center